Protein Smoothie Recipe
This high-protein treat will remind you of Grandma’s blueberry cobbler!
You can make a smoothie out of almost anything that fits in a blender, but making it truly nutritious takes a bit more than “Load ‘er up,” and “Liquify.” To take the guesswork out of the process, here is a delicious recipe that’s jam-packed with nutrient value — and as a bonus, the cinnamon will help you stay lean by maintaining healthy blood sugar levels!
|Makes 4 servings|
- ½ cup of cold water
- ½ cup apple juice (choose the no-sugar-added variety)
- ½ cup ice
- 1 cup frozen blueberries
- 1 cup non-fat vanilla greek yogurt
- 10 grams of unflavored whey protein isolate (You can also use vanilla flavored protein, just replace the vanilla yogurt with unflavored)
- ¼ teaspoon (a few good dashes) of ground cinnamon
- ¼ teaspoon of lemon juice (optional)
- Place the first four ingredients in the blender and blend for 30 seconds on a medium setting. Add the remaining ingredients and blend for 30 seconds more. Enjoy!